What is a “cookie”?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you select to agree with the banner that is displayed to you during the first time you visit our website. You may accept or decline being tracked by indicating your preference for this banner. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve the website.
Some of the common uses for our cookies are as follows:
- to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us analyze the use of the website and to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- to identify and authenticate a user across different pages of our website, within our own website, in a session or across different sessions. This is so that you do not need to provide a password on every page you visit;
- to be able to retrieve a user’s previously stored data, for example, information that the user previously submitted to the website, so as to facilitate reuse of this information by the user.
Types of cookies
We use the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and are enabled by default at the time you access the website. Those cookies enable us to offer you the best possible experience while using our Website.
- Functional/ Preference cookies: These cookies are used in order for us to understand how you use the website, and provide you with certain functionalities of the website, e.g remember your preference on the site such as language, region, username etc.
- Analytical/ Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our website.`
We also use both session and persistent cookies on the website and we use different types of cookies to run the website:
Session cookies are deleted when the user closes the browser
Persistent cookies remain on the user’s device for a certain period of time (a few months to years).
Changes to this Policy
The terms of this Policy may change from time to time. We shall publish any material changes to this Policy appropriate notices either on this website or contacting you using other communication channels.
What else do I need to know about my personal information usage on this website?
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.